Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an account on The Regional Pantry website, purchase a product, download a product, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you share your content with family and friends, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in services or forums, Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number. Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Yarra Range Tourism’s latest tourism announcements and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing or text messaging list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd’s products, services and customer communications.
- If you enter into a competition, contest or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd products, sent gift certificates and products, or invited you to participate in services or forums.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using a browser, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd consumer websites. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. For example, when you purchase a product from The Regional Pantry, you authorise Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd and their partners to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out the purchase and delivery of the items.
Partners and Service Providers
Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd shares personal information with companies who provide services such as fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a re-organisation, merger or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd takes the security of your personal information very seriously. The online service such as The Regional Pantry protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you post on a social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a social media posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by by contacting us at email@example.com; we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. For the exercise of access, de-activation/restriction, correction or deletion requests are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd websites and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a gift hamper.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages your contact to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavour to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
Yarra Ranges Tourism Ltd, PO Box 903, Lilydale VIC 3140.
Updated 07 May 2020